Due to the international alert on the yellow fever issued by the world health organization (WHO) and the pan american health organization (PAHO), the ministry of health and social protection of colombia has determined that travelers coming from the countries of angola, Democratic republic of the congo, Uganda and Brazil asked the international certificate of yellow fever for their entry into the country.
Also, they are reminted to passengers (national and foreing) who should be vaccinated against yellow fever, 10 or more days before the trip, if your destination is a municipality of the departaments listed below:
Amazonas, Antioquia, Arauca, Caquetá, Casanare, Cesar, Chocó, Guainía, Guaviare, La Guajira, Magdalena, Meta, Norte de Santander, Putumayo, Vaupés y Vichada.
This initiative was born out of the need to generate alternative economic and community development, provide a sustainable, renponsible tourism and sustainable development, aimed at raising awareness of tourist and travelers, promoting responsible beahvior and good environmental practices:
The recommendations for a sustainable tourism:
1. When planning your trip, choose those suppliers that offer guarantees of quality
and respect for the Wayuu and custom uses and the environment.
2. Use the natural resources, such as water and energy, with moderation.
Remember that they are scarce goods
3. Minimize the generation of waste. They are a source of contamination.
4. When you have to get rid of a residue, do it in the cleanest way to provide your
5. In a natural space to ensure that the only trace left behind is the of your footwear
6. The ecosystem is sensitive, find out how to do it in order to cause the least
possible impact and does not degrade
7. To buy gifts and souvenirs look for products that are an expression of the local
culture. Will the economy of the Wayuu people that welcome you and cultural
8. Do not acquire flora and fauna protected or Endangered Species of Wild Fauna
and Flora, or any products derived from these species. It is a crime and
contributes to its extinction.
9. At your destination, enjoy knowing the culture, customs and traditions,
gastronomy and traditions of the Wayuu people and move closer to them, have
much to tell you
10. Attempting to contribute to the development of responsible tourism and
sustainable, building with its journey a healthier and more solid planet.